Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Brooks and Porter - Merrick



Brooks and Porter American Grill is a casual, yet charming little steakhouse on Merrick Avenue. Dark wood and dim lighting makes for a warm and inviting dining experience and a cozy spot to grab drinks on a chilly evening. It was the PERFECT Long Island Restaurant Week pick!

Upon walking in, Alex and I felt right at home. The sounds of Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble complimented the classic all American grill menu. I started with the Carrot Soup which was delectable! Served piping hot, the soup was creamy, but not too heavy and well seasoned. Alex selected the Mixed Greens Salad with pecans and craisins in a red wine vinaigrette dressing. He said it was delicious. I must say, I'm not a red wine vinaigrette fan, but this salad was truly tasty. The vinegar flavoring was not overwhelming as I often find.

For our entree, we both selected the Hanger Steak. The steak was juicy with a nice warm pink center. Topped with thin crispy onion straws, a delicious au jus and asparagus, we both agreed that the Hanger Steak at Brooks and Porter was a fabulous dish. Of course, as a Steakhouse junkie, have I indulged in a finer cut meat before? Yes. Nevertheless, I was very satisfied.

For dessert, Alex and I both selected Raspberry Sorbet which was refreshing, light, sweet, and served in a simple, yet fun presentation. It was a home run!

Overall, Brooks and Porter gets 4 out of 5 Mints on the Dinner Mint Scale. Brooks & Porter on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment