Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Bar Frites – Greenvale


Bar Frites, located at Wheatley Plaza in Greenvale, and just down the road from its sister restaurants: Bryant & Cooper Steakhouse, Toku Modern Asian and Cipollini Trattoria & Bar, will literally transport you to Northern France.

The restaurant’s antique mirrors, wooden tables, white tiled walls and big globe lights hanging from the gold colored tin ceiling match perfectly with the French bistro fare. Don’t fret if you are looking for an American favorite, they serve up awesome sliders, seafood and pasta dishes as well! Both indoor and outdoor seating is offered. However, the outdoor seating looks out onto the parking lot, so I’d recommend dining inside.

It’s now my third time dining at Bar Frites and EVERY time I receive efficient and friendly service from an inviting staff, delicious food and prices that are comparable to the quality. Looking for a traditional French dish? During my first dining experience at Bar Frites I ordered the Croque Monsieur with berkshire ham served with gruyere and mornay sauce. I felt like I was back in Paris – délicieux!


When I dined with Alex, friends and family, we started with an order of Mussels, Fried Calamari and the Mini Cheeseburger Sliders. Let’s just say none of the appetizers lasted long. It was a homerun all around with only positive comments being exchanged at the table. Even my brother, an annoyingly tough critic at times, said everything was delicious!

For my entrée, I ordered the classic French Dip, a piled high prime roast beef sandwich served on a fresh baguette along with mayo and au jus. On my “delectable list,” it’s right up there with Houston’s French Dip – my former ranking favorite out of the formal sit-down restaurants I have dined at on the Island.
Alex opted for the Wild Mushroom Pasta. He commented that it was well seasoned and he loved that it was chock full of spinach, tomato and mushrooms. I’ve previously had the Sliced Filet Mignon served with caramelized onions and pomme frites. The meat practically melted in my mouth. Splendid!

Alex and I topped off the meal by sharing the warm Apple Tarte Tatin served with vanilla ice cream and crème Anglaise… a perfect way to end a delicious meal and a splendid French bistro dining experience.

Though the restaurant gets a bit loud and the outdoor dining doesn’t provide a view, Bar Frites receives an impressive 4.5 out of 5 Dinner Mints on the Dinner Mint Scale.
Bar Frites on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment