Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Besito - Roslyn

If you are looking for a fine dining Mexican experience, Besito is a solid pick. A tranquil and romantic ambiance, candles and warm colors leave guests feeling welcomed and relaxed. Looking to dine outside during a beautiful evening? Besito offers outdoor seating as well!


Besito was quick to pick up points early on with a complimentary Ceviche Del Dia appetizer served with crisp plantains and corn tortilla chips. We ordered the freshly prepared guacamole as an appetizer as well. Though the guacamole had a bit too much cilantro for my group's liking, we had no problem devouring it.


For my main course, I stuck with a simple grilled shrimp, with a mild chile salsa and house rice. While the shrimps were a bit smaller than expected for the price, they were cooked well and quite tasty. However, I must admit that the homemade rice (which was DELICIOUS) stood out more in my mind than my shrimp entree (which is never an ideal situation). I enjoyed my shrimp entree at H20 in Smithtown (see Alex's review!) MUCH more... no comparison.



For dessert, I had the opportunity to sample my friend Nicole's Mexican Chocolate Pudding. I appreciated it's light, fluffy texture and not TOO rich chocolatey (yes, I am making up my own words now) taste. Best part about the meal for me? EASY! - Complimentary, piping hot Churros to end the meal! WOW! Talk about saving the best for last, Besito! Also, each guest walks away with a complimentary traditional Mexican "worry person doll." Very memorable. GREAT touch!



Here's Nicole's review of her meal in her own words: "I had one of the specials... chicken, steak and chorizo enchalata with a chipolte cream sauce. The sauce was to die for... not too heavy but just the right consistency. Gave the dish the right amount of smokiness without overpowering the meats. The meats were soaked in a red sauce which gave them a good flavor, again not over powering. The only thing that I didn't like about this dish (or more like would change if I was being picky) would be that the actual corn toritta was a little thick. I enjoy my enchiladas when you can use your fork to cut it apart -- this corn tortilla was more of a "wrap" consistency.

Even though I was stuffed, I ordered the Mexican Chocolate Pudding. This was great with homemade whipped cream and the pudding was in between a pudding and a mousse consistency. There were some crunchy things on top... didn't really go for that. Also, though obviously homemade pudding, there seemed to be "patches" of ingredients that didn't mix in all the way (think when you mix brownie batter and there are "patches" of dry mix in there)." -- Nicole R.

Lauren, again here! Thanks for your review, Nicole! As for Besito's rating? We're going with 4 out of 5 Mints on the CRUCIAL Dinner Mint Scale. Besito on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment