Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

H20 - Smithtown






H20 is an upscale Seafood restaurant and grill located right off Jericho turnpike in Smithtown.
Lauren and I were excited about this place since we first drove by it and we certainly were not disappointed.
Upon arrival, we both commented on the beautiful exterior of the restaurant. The trees are all lit up and to get to the front door, you must walk through a beautiful outdoor patio.


Lauren and I were seated in a very comfortable booth in the main dining hall.
Our waitress, Margarete, greeted us with a smile and handed us large menus along with a wine list.

Lauren ordered a glass of White wine and I had a delicious coke. Let me take a minute to discuss how I feel about restaurant Cola. Coke or Pepsi at every restaurant does not taste the same. I always said I wanted to be a tester for the Coke company and make sure the balance of Syrup and CO2 was the same everywhere.
But, like everything else at H20, the soda was in perfect balance.

Being that H20 is a seafood restaurant, we started off with Half a dozen little neck clams, which Lauren once again refused, and a spicy tuna roll from the Sushi bar.
Both were delicious.
The bread and oil brought to the table also make for a tasty beginning.
Hard not to fill up on their bread.


I commented to Lauren that my mouth was filled with delicious tastes that all went together. H2O certainly knows how to stimulate the palate. We were both discussing how much we were enjoying ourselves before the main course even arrived.

Lauren ordered Jumbo Shrimp with Corn on the cob and Asparagus - which she said was delicious. She said the shrimp were really huge, filling and well seasoned.
I ordered the Marinated Skirt Steak with Asparagus and Mashed Potatoes (which I had them switch out for Wasabi Mashed Potatoes)
This was of course no problem. The staff of people serving us, were all very attentive and helpful.
The meal was one of the best I have had in a long time. The steak was juicy and tender and seasoned incredibly well. The gravy was awesome and I loved how the steak was served, sliced with the ends crispy.

Lauren and I were too full for dessert, but we did manage to sneak a peek at the menu. Everything looked great! I'm sure we'll be eating there again soon.

This place gets a 5 out of 5 - on the Dinner mint scale.
An incredibly enjoyable restaurant and night out!

H2O Seafood Grill on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. "I wanted to be a tester for the Coke company and make sure the balance of Syrup and CO2 was the same everywhere." --- They would be NUTS not to hire you! :D H20 is DEFINITELY worthy of 5 Mints.

    ReplyDelete