Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blackwells - Wading River

Located at the gateway to Long Island's Wine Country, Blackwells is an inviting steak and seafood restaurant with stellar service and quality cuisine to match.

Enjoying the beautiful views of the Great Rock Golf Course, the inside of the restaurant is elegant, and yet encompasses a homey feel. I started off with the Mesclun House Salad which included tomatoes, goat cheese, toasted almonds and dried cherries. I opted for a creamy blue cheese dressing on the side over their house vinaigrette. A restaurant of this caliber could have served warm goat cheese in a light flaky crust to give the salad a bit more pizazz. Nevertheless, is was quite tasty.

For my entree, I selected the special, a toasted almond crusted flounder served with roasted potatoes and broccoli. The fish was deliciously seasoned and cooked very well. The slightly healthier sides paired nicley with the flounder.
One of my guests chose the strip steak. A self-proclaimed steakhouse lover, he deemed the juiciness of the steak and quality of the cut to be merely a small notch below the fine steakhouses of New York City.

During previous visits to Blackwells, I have ordered the filet mignon. I must say, the filet came close to just "melting in my mouth"! I've had the homemade fries and frizzled onions as sides as well... tasty, but nothing unique. Blackwell's Four Cheese Macoroni and Cheese is definitely on my "to do" list!

For dessert, we opted for the rice pudding.
The consistency seemed balanced, it was a beautiful presentation in a margarita glass with sliced strawberries on top and I enjoyed the cinnamon (although one of my guests noted that it was a bit TOO much cinnamon for her liking). The flavor overall was... "eh." Bottom line, everyone agreed that Blackwell's will not be winning an award for their rice pudding anytime soon.

Blackwells receives 4 out of 5 Mints on the Dinner Mint Scale. Blackwell's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment